While checking in on a table at Via Lago Trattoria, we often get the comment, “This is the most amazing dish!”
When it comes out our mushroom soufflé, guests regularly comment on how much they love this appetizer. Even guests that generally don’t care for mushrooms, love this delicious appetizer.
Since Mother’s Day is fast approaching, we thought this might be a great spring dish to serve at a brunch or as a wonderful first course for a special dinner with mom.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
Mushroom Soufflé Recipe
- 4 cups assorted chopped mushrooms such as (Oyster, Button, & Shitaki)
- 1 leek chopped
- 1/3 c. panko crumbs
- 1/8 c. finely chopped Italian parsley
- Extra virgin oil
- Sauté chopped mushrooms and leeks in extra virgin oil
- Add panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and parsley
- Oil, 5 to 6 inch in diameter molds to be used
- Mix mushroom and bread crumb mixture together
- Press into mold
- When ready to serve, flip over and tap the top of the mold to release
- Serve with warm marinara sauce and garnish with a reduction of parmesan cheese and heavy cream